We currently have the following vacancy on our staff team:
Director, Planned Giving
Director, Planned Giving is Legacy Deo’s primary point of contact with present and prospective donors and communicates the blessing and benefits of current and deferred charitable giving. The principal focus is helping individuals provide for family members and charitable causes that support Gospel-focused mission and ministry. Responsibilities are to encourage and create planned gifts, estate plans, charitable trusts, and endowments, as well as to promote Legacy Deo’s custodial management of congregational and organizational funds.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills
- Committed and dedicated Christian, preferably active member of an LCMS congregation.
- Person of integrity and energy, able to initiate work independently and with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five years’ experience in sales, marketing, or ministry, preferably in development, fund raising, or planned giving.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) highly preferred. A seasoned public speaker also highly preferred.
- CFRE, CFP, or related certification preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, its operations, and district/congregational structure.
Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. Employee benefits include employer-paid Concordia Plan Services covering employee’s health, retirement, disability, paid holidays, and accrued vacation time.
Send resume and statement of interest no later than October 31, 2019, to:
Dr. Gerald B. (Jerry) Kieschnick | Chief Executive Officer | Legacy Deo
Posted: August 15, 2019